Weekly Update: If English is NOT your Primary Language?

If you are headed for an IEP for your child and English is not your primary language request an interpreter. This request must be given by you with enough time for the administration to accommodate your request and the request must be in writing (always keep a copy for your records). It is your legal right to have a professional interpreter paid for by the school. At times it is necessary to stress that the interpreter cannot be a teacher or other school staff unless he or she is licensed as an interpreter. The logic behind this request is not to be difficult but it is to ensure that your words are communicated clearly and in their entirety without editing. It also ensures that everyone is in the conversation.

For more information on autism contact me Zoe@BrightFuturesAEI.com or call 505-471-4505 to schedule a consultation.

Here's to Bright Futures for all children!